It has been a busy week. The kids are both involved in VBS, which puts our family in the highly unusual situation of having to be up, fed, and ready to go by 8:25 every morning! It is going well for them though. Belle is a group leader this year, and Boo is enjoying being in a group with friends.
I opted to forgo a very quick walk this morning to get out a very quick blog post.
I am thankful for:
- The ability I've had to wake up at 5:30 am, or before that, all week. It gives me time to have my quiet time, exercise, and my morning routine before the early breakfasts of this week. And I'm enjoying the singing of the birds!
- The fact that the kids are enjoying VBS.
- The daily visits I have had with a friend from church and her little girl each morning. Her kids are in VBS this year for the first time. She is staying with me each day so she doesn't have to make two thirty minute trips to town each morning. We are having a great time, visiting and being entertained by her smallest child.
- My latest completed cross-stitch is framed and hanging. This is the first time in recent years we've had to move a picture to make place for a new one. Boo said, "Mom, if we ever get a new house, you need a gallery!" It is just as well that I only get one done about every three years!
- Summer break from school. Although I miss the times we spend together reading--we were doing that last week, but haven't had much time this week.
I am sure I could think of more things to be thankful for, but I am out of time.
I am linking up with The Army Chap's Wife for this post. Please feel free to join us.